This morning we took a panoramic tour of Istanbul -starting on the European side and crossing a 1/2 mile toll bridge over the Bosporous Straits into Asia.
Istanbul with a population of 12 million residents is a cultural center and has served as Capital for the Roman and Ottoman Empires encompassing countries around the Black Sea as well as around the
Mediterranean including Egypt and Morocco.
After crossing back into the European section, we stopped to admire a Hippodrome (for horse racing) and waited with other tourists and pilgrims to climb the stairs to the Blue Mosque. After removing our shoes, we walked on carpeted floors to marvel at the interior.
The guide escorted us to the requisite rug buying place before he took the group into the old bazaar. I sat outside and chatted with several boat mates. Small world! A nearby tourist from a different ship heard me mention Chico and shared with me that she had just visited her granddaughter at the college.
Back to the ship for a late lunch. That evening we watched an amazing “Mysteriagic” show featuring a couple who were very accomplished at quick changes of costume.
- No categories
- New World Disorder – Disaster Case Number 29,162,311
- Hillary Chooses Tim Kaine as VP
- Obama Off Base ~ Terror Attack Munich
- Real Affordable Peru 2004-5
- Liberal Perspectives and the RNC Convention Aftermath
- It’s an Amazing Race – Full of Surprises!
- Laura Ingraham Gives the Liberal Media Hell – Do Your Jobs!
- Italian Restaurateur Called “Racist” for Timely Pun ~ Sales Up!
- Party United ~ Ted Cruz and Newt Gingrich Align with Trump and Pence
- War on Cops – Citizen Activist Snub Officers in Public