This morning we took a panoramic tour of Istanbul -starting on the European side and crossing a 1/2 mile toll bridge over the Bosporous Straits into Asia.
Istanbul with a population of 12 million residents is a cultural center and has served as Capital for the Roman and Ottoman Empires encompassing countries around the Black Sea as well as around the
Mediterranean including Egypt and Morocco.
After crossing back into the European section, we stopped to admire a Hippodrome (for horse racing) and waited with other tourists and pilgrims to climb the stairs to the Blue Mosque. After removing our shoes, we walked on carpeted floors to marvel at the interior.
The guide escorted us to the requisite rug buying place before he took the group into the old bazaar. I sat outside and chatted with several boat mates. Small world! A nearby tourist from a different ship heard me mention Chico and shared with me that she had just visited her granddaughter at the college.
Back to the ship for a late lunch. That evening we watched an amazing “Mysteriagic” show featuring a couple who were very accomplished at quick changes of costume.
- No categories
- Work Place Violence Incident
- Signs of spring, including falling loquats 4-21-2016
- Positive Developments on North Korean Front
- Starbucks Sensitivity Training
- EPA Report: American Business and Ingenuity Credited for Reducing Harmful Emissions
- Did Wasserman Schultz’s IT Guy Transfer Stolen Data to the Pakistan Government?
- Dark Era of Injustice Continues – Members of Congress Call for Criminal Investigations
- A Dangerous Search
- Demand Intensifies – Will CA Citizens Choose Divorce?
- Lawsuit Against FEC: – Action Demanded – Did Clinton Campaign Launder $84 Million Through ...