This morning we took a panoramic tour of Istanbul -starting on the European side and crossing a 1/2 mile toll bridge over the Bosporous Straits into Asia.
Istanbul with a population of 12 million residents is a cultural center and has served as Capital for the Roman and Ottoman Empires encompassing countries around the Black Sea as well as around the
Mediterranean including Egypt and Morocco.
After crossing back into the European section, we stopped to admire a Hippodrome (for horse racing) and waited with other tourists and pilgrims to climb the stairs to the Blue Mosque. After removing our shoes, we walked on carpeted floors to marvel at the interior.
The guide escorted us to the requisite rug buying place before he took the group into the old bazaar. I sat outside and chatted with several boat mates. Small world! A nearby tourist from a different ship heard me mention Chico and shared with me that she had just visited her granddaughter at the college.
Back to the ship for a late lunch. That evening we watched an amazing “Mysteriagic” show featuring a couple who were very accomplished at quick changes of costume.
- No categories
- General McInerney, “Radical Islam is Not Dead but ISIS is Done!
- FBI Has Evidence of Bribery and Kickbacks In Iran Nuclear Deal
- Coincidence? Wildfires Rage In Spain and Portugal!
- 2016 Bill Blamed for Opioid Crisis in US
- Old Hockey Player Forgets About Scoring Stats
- Santa Rosa Fire – How Could it Happen?
- Busy Day at the Airport
- Post Scripts
- Health Insurance in California Due to Rise 12. ...
- US Withdraws From UNESCO