News reports via radio, TV and the daily paper inform us there is an epidemic of bikes stolen in Chico. I believe the last statistic I read was the loss of one bike each day. That may sound like a drop in the bucket but in a town our size, that’s disturbing news.
The thefts are mainly thought to be by transients and the homeless. although I don’t know if any has been caught in the act or arrested.
However, we have seen men riding small bikes meant for children, riding girls’ bikes, and one day saw a man pulling alongside him another bike as he rode down Main Street.
But the most astonishing sight my husband and I witnessed as we were walking one evening in our neighborhood park was a van that stopped next to a curb adjacent to some trees, and a man got out and reached up into the branches of one from which he pulled out a white bicycle! The man wasn’t bothered that we had seen him in the act and even greeted us with “how ya doing?” We have no proof it wasn’t his, but I told my husband it appeared suspicious that a person would know there was a bike stored in the tree. I surmised it had been stolen and hidden in the branches tree for pick up later. Who knows, perhaps he used the van to pick up other bikes hidden in trees!
- Hello world! on
- Sow There! Dehydrated brain axioms, Aug. 6, 2020
- Antifa says they’re battling the far rightwing
- Chaos by the Bay – A Must See Video
- San Francisco Subsidizing a Meth Lab? lol
- Horrible Reporting Adds to Racial Tensions
- Mob Descends on Police Officer’s Home
- You Won’t Find this on the Mainstream News
- Black Lives Matters Makes an Offer few Businesses Can Refuse
- Anarchy Reigns Supreme in Portland – Seattle Rioting Continues
- Meet the Army’s New Handgun