- Air service in Chico (16)
- Airline Fare School (14)
- Airlines (20)
- Car rental (4)
- Chico (3)
- Destinations (25)
- Kitchen sink (misc) (9)
- Lodging (6)
- Rail (23)
- Running (26)
- Travel – Other (6)
Recent NorCal Blogs Posts
- What to Do with the Homeless?
- What’s the Mortality Rate for COVIDs Right Now?
- Hunter Biden and Chinese Spies
- Texas Under Attack by Gun Grabbing Liberals!!!
- And in Idaho…COVID Protests
- There’s No Science Behind COVID Lockdown
- A Different Idea on Combating Crime and Bad Behavior
- Breaking News – New Chico City Council Sworn In
- COVID Masks Causing Respiratory Infections?
- Governor Orders Halt to All Non-Essential Interstate Travel
- Ed on Air Service in Chico – Unhappy Anniversary
- Greg Fischer on Air Service in Chico – End of an era, now what?
- Jason on Air Service in Chico – End of an era, now what?
- Ed on Air Service in Chico – Expand, part 2
- John Maretti on Air Service in Chico – Expand, part 2
Tag Archives: Alaska Airlines
Airlines – Junior’s first plane ride
If you’re looking for a relatively inexpensive way to take a youngster on his or her first plane ride here’s an idea. Effective 25 March, Horizon Air will operate two flights (Monday-Friday) each direction between Sacramento (SMF) and San Jose … Continue reading
Posted in Airlines Tagged Airlines, Alaska Airlines, Chico, Horizon Air, Sacramento, San Jose Comments Off on Airlines – Junior’s first plane ride
Airlines – To Hawaii by way of Alaska
In the wake of the bankruptcies of ATA (America Trans Air) and Aloha Airlines, an interesting thing happened. Clearly seeing an opportunity, Alaska Airlines, named for the coldest and furthest north part of the U.S., began or will begin service … Continue reading
Posted in Airlines Tagged Alaska Airlines, Maui, Sacramento Comments Off on Airlines – To Hawaii by way of Alaska
Airline Fare School # 9 – Secret stopovers, Part 2
We’re going to go two directions here: Hawaii and the Caribbean. But first let’s consider why stopover provisions even exist in the first place. At one time and even now, it’s not always possible to fly between two places with … Continue reading
Posted in Airline Fare School Tagged Airline Fare School, Alaska Airlines, Continental Airlines, Delta Airlines, Horizon Air, stopovers, United Airlines, US Airways Comments Off on Airline Fare School # 9 – Secret stopovers, Part 2
Airline Fare School # 8 – Secret stopovers, Part 1
This is the part of Airline Fare School I’ve been most looking forward to writing. Why? Because the information I’m going to present is both obscure and invaluable to the right traveler. And in the galaxy of websites that inform … Continue reading
Airlines – The best frequent flyer programs for not-so-frequent flyers
If you live in California, Oregon, or Washington but are not an especially frequent flyer it still pays to be enrolled in two airline mileage programs to capture the benefit of the trips you do take. Membership in more than … Continue reading
Posted in Airlines Tagged Alaska Airlines, Frequent flyer, Horizon Air, Mileage Plan, Mileage Plus, United Airlines 1 Comment