- Air service in Chico (16)
- Airline Fare School (14)
- Airlines (20)
- Car rental (4)
- Chico (3)
- Destinations (25)
- Kitchen sink (misc) (9)
- Lodging (6)
- Rail (23)
- Running (26)
- Travel – Other (6)
Recent NorCal Blogs Posts
- What to Do with the Homeless?
- What’s the Mortality Rate for COVIDs Right Now?
- Hunter Biden and Chinese Spies
- Texas Under Attack by Gun Grabbing Liberals!!!
- And in Idaho…COVID Protests
- There’s No Science Behind COVID Lockdown
- A Different Idea on Combating Crime and Bad Behavior
- Breaking News – New Chico City Council Sworn In
- COVID Masks Causing Respiratory Infections?
- Governor Orders Halt to All Non-Essential Interstate Travel
- Ed on Air Service in Chico – Unhappy Anniversary
- Greg Fischer on Air Service in Chico – End of an era, now what?
- Jason on Air Service in Chico – End of an era, now what?
- Ed on Air Service in Chico – Expand, part 2
- John Maretti on Air Service in Chico – Expand, part 2
Tag Archives: Reno
Running – Reno-Tahoe Odyssey 2010
DNR (l to r) PETER, CHRIS, JESSICA, SEAN, LISA, SARAH, JOHN, GREG, LAUREL, DAVE, ROSEANN (+ Daniel & Bridget of the DNR Next Generation 2026 – not pictured GENEVIEVE)(photo by Steve Duke) My previous post and my story about the … Continue reading
Posted in Running Tagged DNR, Eric Lerude, Reno, Reno-Tahoe Odyssey, Running Comments Off on Running – Reno-Tahoe Odyssey 2010
Running – Reno-Tahoe Odyssey Eve
WINGFIELD PARK BY THE TRUCKEE RIVER, DOWNTOWN RENO This is what Wingfield Park looks like this afternoon, Thursday, 3 June. Starting tomorrow between 7 a.m. and 4 p.m., the first runner from each of 153 teams will be leaving here … Continue reading
Posted in Running Tagged Reno, Reno-Tahoe Odyssey, Running Comments Off on Running – Reno-Tahoe Odyssey Eve
Destinations – Downtown Reno: a work in progress
I’ve been in Reno many times over the past 45 years, for fun (as a child, young adult, and middle-aged adult), and for work when I was with Amtrak or AAA. Reno’s downtown area has been on a largely downhill … Continue reading
Posted in Destinations Tagged downtown Reno, Kimpton, Mapes Hotel, MGM Grand Reno, Reno, Reno Aces, Riverside Hotel, The Montage, Wingfield Park 3 Comments
Running – Eric Lerude, creator of the Reno-Tahoe Odyssey
In my last post I gave a leg-by-leg account of my team’s experience running the Reno-Tahoe Odyssey (RTO). This post takes a look at Eric Lerude, the fellow who conceived and brought to life the event. But first a warning. … Continue reading
Posted in Running Tagged American Odyssey, Eric Lerude, London Odyssey, relay runs, Reno, Reno-Tahoe Odyssey, Southern Odyssey Comments Off on Running – Eric Lerude, creator of the Reno-Tahoe Odyssey
Running – Reno-Tahoe Odyssey 2009
How long would it take you to run 178 miles? Could you do it faster with some friends, each of whom ran one portion then tagged another runner to continue the challenge? How about if you had a team of … Continue reading