This is a comment that was sent to one of our readers, Dewey. It is so well done, and so on point, I had to put it on the font page so you would not miss it. -Jack PS, Dewey is welcome to respond, we value free speech.
Administrations, both republican and democrat, redact “important information” for good reason, including to protect the identity of people in vulnerable situations in the field or to keep a strategy from the eyes of an enemy. This is a specious accusation.
In my world the Democrat Party has been taken over by people that don’t respect the Constitution and want to “fundamentally transform” this nation to reflect the Marxist principles they prefer. They are wrong because their ideology brings greater inequality and misery and because they will do anything to achieve their destructive goal. In actuality it makes me sad to see what was once an American political party transformed into an vast activist organization. It makes me sad that so many in our media have joined with the activist party to provide cover for them, to promote them, and to destroy all opposition.
It is disgusting that the American people are not outraged that the IRS, a powerful arm of the government, could take action against individual citizens: to block participation prior to an election, to share private information with other agencies, to get other agencies to impose fines and harass families and business concerns without cause. it disgusts me that the American people are not interested in serious matters that step on our basic rights. The lack of appropriate response to this and other issues is a direct result of thirty years or more of propaganda that flows from the radical activist Democrat Party, the media and the entertainment industry. Talk about monied interests! Wise up! This party is rolling in big money; it is now the party of the rich and powerful.
Both republicans and democrats are capable of lying. The difference is that republicans are not protected by the media as Democrats are, as Hillary is and has been, as Bill Clinton has been.
If there was actual evidence of scandal in the GW war the democrats would pursue it just as they pursued Richard Nixon and the media would make sure they succeeded. As it is they did their best for seven long years to destroy GW and the Republican administration even though Hillary Clinton, who voted to go to war, was privy to all of that “redacted” information having served as co-president in the Bill Clinton era.
In the Nixon scandal the difference, once again, was that the media, the democrats, AND THE REPUBLICANS, took the matter seriously. Politics WAS set aside. Republicans asked Nixon to step down for the good of the country.
The Benghazi situation has gotten nothing but a political response from most democrats and the media. You’re all a bunch of phonies!
The last Republican administration under GWB did a fabulous job compared to the failures of the current democrat activist administration whose legacy includes but is not limited to:
1. Continuing WAR incompetently to the effect that the enemy has spread throughout the world. Lying to the American people about al Qaeda <a href=”http://cnsnews.com/news/article/obama-touts-al-qaeda-s-demise-32-times-benghazi-attack-0″>being decimated</a>, the events surrounding Benghazi, and the Iran deal.
2. Making the US weak and inadequately responsive…the laughing stock of the world.
3. Giving aid and comfort to America’s enemies while turning away from and betraying our allies.
4. Creating the longest period of economic depression since the Great Depression, decimating the middle class and growing the poverty class.
5. Enacting policies that allow the rich to get richer but provide little opportunity for anyone else.
6. Growing the size and power of the federal government and using government to politically oppress and harass individual citizens and journalists.
7. Foisting another big expensive entitlement program, Obamacare, on the American people that does not deliver as promised and is failing.
8. Creating division by pitting groups of people against each another.
9. Purposely using bias in the Attorney Generals office to decide which cases to litigate based on race.
10. Refusing to prosecute when clearly the law has been broken.
11. Turned our military into a vulnerable unit with ridiculous rules of engagement and using the military as a social experiment.
12. Pushing expensive, unreasonable regulations through the EPA that destroy or minimize sources of energy that are important to a thriving economy and warmth in the homes of citizens and that destroy jobs.
13. Engaging in crony capitalism and clandestine investing, Solyndra being the most obvious example but certainly not the only example.
14. Embraced an open borders policy that puts undue pressure on local services and budgets and opens the door wide to criminals, drug dealers, and terrorists.
15. Engaged in running guns across the border and putting guns in the hands of dangerous drug cartels, likely as a means of pushing (through a complicit media) a gun control agenda.
16. Aligning with the United Nations agenda.
Bernie Sanders would not act as the leader of our nation. He would not improve conditions at home or in the world. He would act in the same activist fashion that is the calling card of the radical socialist loving Democrat Party.
You can call republicans all of the silly names you wish. Hypocrite!!!
Name calling won’t change the fact that Democrats are not committed to freedom, individual equality, or our Constitution. They are committed to redistribution of wealth, special rights for special groups, division by group, economic policy that favors the wealthy and kills opportunity for the middle and lower classes, laws written by the courts, chaos in the world, and greater power for the elites in government.
It is you who are wrong Dewey. Like most people that favor the activist Democrats you are an ignorant man. You have no appreciation for the republican form of government we were given nor the superiority of capitalism in terms of the opportunity they afford all people to live in freedom and pursue their dreams.