Posted by Tina
There’s a lot going on with the collected invaders at the border in Tijuana. There’s also news that the politics driving policy is shifting:
Some 350 of those who joined the “caravan” have become disillusioned and are headed home: “They tricked us; our dreams have gone to hell.”
Mexico, Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras will sign an agreement designed to address issues of migration, poverty and violence: “Future foreign affairs secretary Marcelo Ebrard said Tuesday that to contain migration flows originating in Central America, an effort on the scale of the Marshall Plan – which rebuilt Western Europe after World War II - would be needed. … The president-elect proposed that Mexico, the United States and each Central American nation contribute resources according to the size of its economy and that 75% of the collective funds be allocated to finance projects that create jobs and combat poverty, while the other 25% would go to border control and security.”
This article also contained a more extensive quote than the one cited in the above disillusionment story: “”[Migrant advocacy group] Pueblos Sin Fronteras told us not to worry, that there was going to be transportation, that Mexico was going to open the gates so that we didn’t have to enter [the U.S.] illegally, via the river . . .” Honduran migrant Ulises López said, referring to the attempted border breach Sunday. … “What was offered to the caravan of Honduran migrants was a trap . . . The people that brought us to this place, supposedly [caravan] leaders, took advantage of us, they used us in a horrific way, what they did to us has no name,” he added.
The Mayor of Tijuana is fed up at the $26,000 a day price tag and want to hild organizers accountable: “Tijuana Mayor Juan Manuel Gastelum told Fox News, “This person who says he is from Pueblo Sin Fronteras… Let’s take care of him, in a legal way,” Gastelum said. “Those are really criminals because they’re dealing with lives, they’re dealing with people… It’s a federal crime.”
Doh! What a concept! The group/s exploit some people and cause stress and loss to others: “Besides the direct costs of housing and feeding and medically treating the caravan migrants, who number about 8,000 at this point, Mexican businesses in Tijuana lost more than a million dollars in business after caravan migrants hurled rocks and stormed the Tijuana entry into the U.S. Sunday, forcing the shutdown of the U.S.-Mexico border for several hours. (On the U.S. side, the loss was about $4 million). So everyone who follows laws and plays by the rules loses when the caravan comes to town.”
The Mayor has a point. Both the NYT and Breitbart reported on group/s agitating for caravan members to charge the border: “The group By Any Means Necessary (BAMN) is calling for all migrants to gather on Saturday morning at one of the shelters and then to make their way to the U.S. border, where they will demand it be opened for everyone or they will “shut it down.” In addition to posting the information on their website, BAMN members have taken to social media encouraging other protesters and members of the migrant caravan.”
Mexico’s new president vows to bring transformation to the country: “”The government will no longer be a committee at the service of a rapacious minority,” said the new president, who is often nicknamed AMLO. Nor would the government, he said, be a “simple facilitator of pillaging, as it has been.”
We wish him all the best in that proposition. It’s obvious that the people south of our border desperately need freedom, jobs, and safety. All three have been missing under leftist regimes and policies. I understand another caravan is forming…the onslaught is an organized political invasion meant to create chaos and disruption of law and order.
RIP George H. W. Bush, dead at 94.
Prayers for the people in Alaska hit by two earthquakes (7.0) and 200 aftershocks so far.