What would war with Iran look like? Quick answer, it would be short and violent.
- If there was a war the Saudi’s would cheering. They hate Iran and are fighting a proxy war with them right now in Qatar.
- In war the Strait of Hormuz would be a likely battle ground. Iran can launch ship killing missiles and block international oil tankers from passing through. This is Iran’s only home field advantage.
- Obviously the Iranians options are fairly limited in a declared war. They would have to fall back on terrorist type tactics because they don’t have a military that can reach us.
- The Iranians can void the nuclear treaty, but since they have already done that many times that action has lost any significance. The old treaty has no value and it didn’t long before Donald Trump took office.
- If Iran declared war we would have every reason to obliterate their nuclear materials production. The Israelis’ would love to see that or help us. They’ve been wanting to take out Iran’s nuclear capabilities for a long time. There are many Middle East nations would have be very happy if we did that.
- In terms of conventional combat Iran can’t attack us with their navy, they can’t reach us with their army or their air force, so what’s left? Not much. We would have to sail up to them and let them shoot at us, because they can’t get beyond their territorial waters without being destroyed. But, we can stand off and shoot at them all day long with almost zero risk.
- In terms of real harm they can’t do much of anything, but we can. If they set off an IED or a car bomb, we can flatten their version of the Pentagon or take out a whole squadron of jet aircraft. In a real shoot out Iran’s military force could be nullified into a broken force of just ground soldiers with small arms and next to no command and control ability.
- War with Iran would be like sending little Chico High’s JV football team against NFL all stars.