- Dollar Makes You Holler (9)
- Entertainment industry (10)
- Fame (2)
- Featured (18)
- Food (23)
- Gadgets and technology (27)
- Getting crafty (4)
- In Hindsight (8)
- La vida Chico (75)
- Music (6)
- Secret Shames (2)
- Sports and rec (25)
- The20 (2)
- Travels (20)
- TV, Film and Radio (76)
- Understanding Utah (6)
- World at large (61)
Recent NorCal Blogs Posts
- What to Do with the Homeless?
- What’s the Mortality Rate for COVIDs Right Now?
- Hunter Biden and Chinese Spies
- Texas Under Attack by Gun Grabbing Liberals!!!
- And in Idaho…COVID Protests
- There’s No Science Behind COVID Lockdown
- A Different Idea on Combating Crime and Bad Behavior
- Breaking News – New Chico City Council Sworn In
- COVID Masks Causing Respiratory Infections?
- Governor Orders Halt to All Non-Essential Interstate Travel
- 99 cent store
- Christmas card
- Continental Cup
- Division I
- dollar store
- San Diego
- Sierra Nevada
- social networking
- Utah Olympic Oval
Tag Archives: train
Here’s a different look at one of the chandeliers at Sacramento Valley Station. I was waiting for a late train returning home Dec. 30, so I set my sights on a different part of the station. I wondered what people … Continue reading
Posted in Featured, Travels, World at large Tagged Sacramento, station, train, travel 1 Comment
Surfing Internet from train a breeze… when I could get online
Taking the train to visit family in Southern California over the holidays gave me a chance to check out the new Wi-Fi Internet service fromAmtrak. The service was convenient when it worked, but I often had problems connecting to the … Continue reading
Talking and taking trains on Turkey Day
For all of my kvetching about “virtual strip searches” and airport security gropings, my Thanksgiving travel plans always included taking the train (and a bus) to the Bay Area to visit family. It’s more of a matter of convenience and … Continue reading
Everybody’s talking about … ‘Supertrain’?
In what is probably one of the year’s biggest headscratchers, I’ve noticed a number of bloggers writing about the failed 1970s NBC TV series called “Supertrain.” Haven’t heard of this “Love Boat” on rails? Neither did I, until I stumbled … Continue reading
Posted in Entertainment industry Tagged 1970s, cheese, comedy, failure, NBC, pilot, Supertrain, train, TV Comments Off on Everybody’s talking about … ‘Supertrain’?