It’s all but a done deal, unless some catastrophe befalls the Clinton regime, Hillary is going to be your next president. Or, if…and this is a big IF…. if Donald Trump suddenly starts acting like a true Commander-in-Chief, a great Statesman and he suddenly wins over the great middle of voters. That’s not likely now, Hillary is a on roll, her poll numbers are climbing and she has more cash by a 5 to 1 margin than Trump’s campaign.
Barrack Obama is going to unleash the power his bully pulpit to make sure Hillary is elected. Who or what does Trump have? Not much and it seems he’s running against the GOP and the Democrats! I think he’s also running against the establishment that is behind both parties and its more than he can overcome.
I wish this were not the case folks, because the American people deserve a good leader and it sure isn’t liberal Hillary. In my opinion Trump wins by default, because Hillary is a terrible person to put in the White House.
I went looking for articles on what makes a good leader and then I selected the best qualities; you tell me now if either of our two current candidates fit the following:
- A good leader must be unflappable, confident and always act honestly, ethically and responsibly.
- He (or she) must be accountable for his decisions and not deflect just criticism.
- A good leader does not make promises he can’t keep.
- A good leader must show enthusiasm, have a positive message and communicate effectively.
- A good leader must stay on point, be succinct and convey a clear vision of his intent or goals.
- A good leader must be able to choose quality people to advise him and then trust in that advise. And he must act in a way that warrants trust in himself, this is an acquired skill that is absolutely essential to a leaders effectiveness.
- Delegating (as noted above) is key to completing any major effort. A good leader must be a good delegator on many levels.
- A good leader must be well prepared and extremely knowledgeable or confidence in him will be compromised.
- Creativity, innovation, commitment and the ability to inspire others will separate the good leaders from the great ones. (It’s been too long since America has had a great leader.)
Closing thought: We are in serious trouble folks. Can’t wait until Obama is gone, but then I think of who is coming in right behind him and it makes me sick.