- Anderson on 2020 Trivia Bee Cancelled, Thanks COVID
- ba. d. on Words of Wisdom – Will Rogers
- Kris H on My Top Three Reads for 2017
- Hallie on Words of Wisdom – Mark Twain
- Eric Miller on Trivia Bee Raises Awareness for Literacy Services
Recent NorCal Blogs Posts
- What to Do with the Homeless?
- What’s the Mortality Rate for COVIDs Right Now?
- Hunter Biden and Chinese Spies
- Texas Under Attack by Gun Grabbing Liberals!!!
- And in Idaho…COVID Protests
- There’s No Science Behind COVID Lockdown
- A Different Idea on Combating Crime and Bad Behavior
- Breaking News – New Chico City Council Sworn In
- COVID Masks Causing Respiratory Infections?
- Governor Orders Halt to All Non-Essential Interstate Travel
Tag Archives: humorists
Paying Homage to a Great One: Humor Writer Patrick McManus
“You’ll never meet him,” a know-it-all consultant told me. “Patrick McManus is big time. He’s hard to reach. He won’t have time for you.” It pays to ignore naysayers especially when one is young, dumb, ambitious, and on a mission. … Continue reading
Posted in Humor Project - Interviews, The Humor Project Tagged american humor, humorists, mark twain, outdoor humor, Patrick McManus Comments Off on Paying Homage to a Great One: Humor Writer Patrick McManus
Andy Rooney (and fine print)
“The one thing you can be certain of: Nothing in fine print is good news.” Andy Rooney, American writer and humorist, 1919-2011 Andy Rooney was a real smart guy, but his cranky observations made him a funny guy too. Among … Continue reading
Posted in The Humor Project, Words of wisdom Tagged 60 minutes, american humor, andy rooney, humorists Comments Off on Andy Rooney (and fine print)
Why Dave Barry Doesn’t Write About Religion
The problem with writing about religion is that you run the risk of offending sincerely religious people, and then they come after you with machetes. Dave Barry Just experimenting here with this post but as you can tell I’m a … Continue reading
Posted in The Humor Project, Words of wisdom Tagged christmas stories, Dave Barry, humor, humorists, religion 1 Comment
Humorist P.J. O’Rourke Pokes at Politicos
“The Democrats are the party of government activism, the party that says government can make you richer, smarter, taller, and get chickweed out of your lawn…Republicans are the party that says government doesn’t work, and then get elected and prove … Continue reading
Words of Wisdom
Regarding today’s Federal government shutdown: “We have the best government that money can buy.” Mark Twain, American author and humorist (1835-1910)
Posted in Words of wisdom Tagged chico, Eric Miller, etc guy, federal government shutdown 2013, humorists, mark twain 1 Comment