Welcome to NorCal Blogs. Please explore and interact with the offerings from our current bloggers.
Interested in adding your voice and becoming a blogger? Send 5-10 samples and a short description to editor David Little at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you’re added to our blogs, we ask that you follow our guidelines.
The views and opinions expressed by the bloggers and commenters are not necessarily representative of the Enterprise-Record or its staff.
Breathe In, Breathe Out by Don Regis-Bilar
Breathing is something all of us do as humans, as Chicoans and often life, at least my life as a writer, is one focused breath at a time.
Buzz Blog by Ryan Olson and Jammie Karlman
The Buzz has entered the blogosphere and is ready to serve.
Etc. Guy by Eric Miller
Etc. Guy shares tales about a married father navigating through life. He tries, not always successfully, to stay out of trouble with his wife and daughters but lives on to tell the story.
Lily of the Valley by Lily Laughlin
Miscellaneous articles such a recipes for Asian cooking, the cliche “It’s a small world,” observations as a senior citizen and perhaps traveling in and about our state and elsewhere.
Post Scripts by Jack Lee and Tina Grazier
Real life stories coupled with news and information you won’t find anywhere else!
Sow There! by Heather Hacking
Impertinent commentary on gardening, life and most things wacky.
Travels with Pat by Pat Feldhaus
Highlights of current and past travels, covering 46 years on six continents, including much of the United States.
Watts Up With That? by Anthony Watts
This blog deals with puzzling things in life, nature, science, technology, recent news events and attempts to provide answers.
Here is a list of most blogs from NorCal Blogs, including special events and features that are no longer being updated. They are offered “as-is.”
NORCAL BLOGS – FULL LISTING
If you’re added to the NorCal Blogs roster, here are some basic guidelines:
- Readers like blogs that are up-to-date with concise, timely posts.
- NorCal Blogs recommends that bloggers post at least once a week, but more frequent updates are excellent.
- Please no profanity, mild or otherwise. We ask this of both posters and people leaving comments.
- Please do not publish posts or comments containing inaccurate information, especially regarding private individuals. The practice is known as libel and is a serious matter. If there’s any doubt, please feel free to contact us for advice.
- As the overall owner of NorCal Blogs, the Enterprise-Record reserves the ultimate right to remove obscene, libelous or abusive posts or comments.
- If you wish to use anything other than basic text in your blogs (i.e. photos, videos, etc), it is up to you to know or learn basic HTML coding. We can only provide limited assistance with HTML and basic computer usage.
- Contact us if you’re experiencing technical difficulties with the blog. We will do our best to provide a prompt response, but we can’t guarantee an immediate solution.
Thanks again for your interest in NorCal Blogs. We’re eager to promote greater communication and community in Northern California and on the Internet.